This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how I/we will handle your information.
Who are we ?
CMS Home Ltd, (Letting Agent] We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
Jujar Singh of CMS Home Ltd is notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z6327857 and I am the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Jujar Singh. CMS Home Ltd 503 Katherine Road, Forest Gate E7 8DR Tel: 020 8472 7600 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Jujar Singh. CMS Home Ltd 503 Katherine Road, Forest Gate E7 8DR Tel: 020 8472 7600 E-mail: email@example.com
How we collect information from you and what information we collect ?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit our branch for example when you:
● Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
● Ask us to value your property
● Register for our email newsletters
● Participate in one of our surveys
● Interact with us on our social media sites
● From your application for accommodation
Which will include Photo Identification (passport, drivers licence, Identity cards, Residence permits etc) Bank statements (3 month’s) Payslips (3 Month’s We collect the following information about you:
● Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality,
● Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality,
● Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
● The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
● Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and
● Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for, or are currently on
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
● to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
● to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
● to help you to manage your tenancy;
● to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
● to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
● for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by me as confidential /[and will be processed only by any third party, acting on my behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
● If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
● To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
● If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
● If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
● In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.Security
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract I have with you. If you enter a tenancy with us we are required to hold your information during the tenancy period and up to 7 years after the tenancy has come to an end. Once the time has come to an end your information will be shredded securely. If we have collected information from you and you do not enter into a tenancy we will shred the hard copies of information held and delete any e-mails and remove any attachments of your personnel information from our computer systems.
We will only be contacting you if we have a Lawful basis to do so, this can includeConsent
That you have provided us with permission to contact you or to process your data for the purpose of entering into a tenancy.Consent
Contract is a valid lawful basis We will need to process your data in order to comply with our obligations as part of that contract. It is also valid prior to establishing a contract, but where it is necessary to process data in order to reach an agreement – for instance when referencing a tenant.Legal Obligations
This applies when data processing is required in order to comply with legal requirements. For instance a Landlord/Letting Agent in England must process certain immigration information to comply with Right to rent.Legitimate interest
Legitimate interest is a valid lawful basis for the processing of data where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller. It is a similar concept to having a contractual basis for data processing, but may potentially cover additional activity provided it is made clear from the outset. In many cases landlords and Letting agents have the option to rely on more than one legal justification for processing data, as some data must be collected to comply with statute, some is essential to the performance of the tenancy agreement, and we have a legitimate interest in processing data which is in balance with tenants interests and privacy.Your Rights
You have the right at any time to:
● ask for a copy of the information about you held by me/ us in my records;
● require me/ us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
● make a request to me/ us to delete what personal data of yours I/ we hold; and
● object to receiving any marketing communications from me/ us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, I/ we would ask that you contact me/ us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to my/ our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Northern Ireland: Information Commissioner's Office
3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place
Belfast, BT7 2JB
Telephone: 028 9027 8757
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Information Commissioner's Office
2nd floor, Churchill House
Churchill way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing me/ us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.